- When you order fresh or frozen semen from SWS Nijhof B.V. the general terms and conditions of the Dutch ‘Bond van Hengstenhouderds’ 2023 in the Netherlands are applied.
- Semen of our stallions can be ordered on a daily basis until 09.30 hrs. The order should include the name and life number of the mare and the full address of the mare-holder.
- Before the first semen order, the full stud fee is due. Your invoice must be paid before we ship the semen to you. We will refund part 2 of the breeding fee when you send us the veterinary certificate of the barren mare. Non-pregnant mares must be reported before 1st October 2023 with a written statement from the veterinary and be sent by email or post.
- For mares who are not in foal, a written not in foal-agreement issued by the veterinarian should be handed to Team Nijhof before October 1st 2023, or the full fee will automatically be charged.
If the mare was in foal and it turns out that she is not pregnant after October 1. 2023, the credit can only be used the following year (2024) with the same stallion, unless otherwise agreed.
- SWS Nijhof BV does not sell loose straws, only gestations (with the exception of Heartbreaker and Clinton ICSI staws). You pay the studfee per gestation. Straws that have not been used remain in the possession of SWS Nijhof BV and need to be returned before the end of the breeding season, or can be used when paid for.
- Frozen embryo’s obtained through fresh semen of frozen semen must be paid in the year of the semen delivery.
- The breeding management of the mares is in the hands of veterinarian Tamara van den Brink from DAP Berkelzicht.
- Mares are inseminated entirely at the cost and risk of the mare-holder.
- The shipping costs and NVWA-costs for the Netherlands and abroad will be charged to the mare-holder.
- For inseminations from stallions that stand at a stud station abroad/or own straw, an insemination- compensation will be charged.
- In the event of late payment, the invoice amount will increase by fees and penalty interests and any collection costs.
- By ordering and taking semen, the mare-holder declares to have knowledge of these general conditions and agrees with the insemination and payment conditions.
- Stud station S.W.S. Nijhof B.V. in Geesteren accepts no liability whatsoever for damage, sickness, or injury to people, animals, transportation, or otherwise.
- SWS Nijhof B.V. will not be liable for any shortcomings with regard to deliveries of semen, except in case of intent and recklessness. SWS Nijhof B.V. will carry out orders to the best of its knowledge and ability, however in the event of a late delivery or wrong shipment, SWS Nijhof B.V. will under no circumstances be liable for any form of damage resulting from this.
- European EU-station: NL-8486: we have a certificate for shipping fresh and frozen semen from our stallions to countries outside of the Netherlands. Please take note that we have to inform the NVWA in time about the export.
- Livery charges at SWS Nijhof BV are € 7,50, – (excl. VAT) per day per mare without a foal and € 10, – (excl. VAT) for a mare with a foal at foot.
- The veterinary costs for palpation and scanning are € 100, – (excl. VAT and medicines and other actions), if you use a stallion from Team Nijhof. For other stallions, frozen semen or self-brought semen the veterinary costs for breeding management are € 350, – (excl VAT). The mares must be at least three years old to be inseminated
For questions or special conditions, you can always contact us with +31-545-481259 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available from 08.30 hrs. To 17.30 hrs.